9 February 2016

Write and link #7 - Love is a funny word

Greetings! Thanks soooo much for all the supportive comments on my last post. The first week went well as long as I didn't try too hard and let it flow.

Anyway, a little early for Valentine's Day, I present my poetic offering for Natalia's Write and Link #7.

She has a topicless month this month but if you need a topic has provided "Love is a funny word..."

love is a funny word

it has many words

within

and many worlds also

a Tardis word

 

love can be vague

unearthed

floating in space

clouds in the head


love colours my view

retouches the world

filters my sight

wraps me in rosé


love tops me up with butterflies

makes my hems dance

making me laugh

when there isn't a joke

love is a funny word


Don't forget to pop on over to check out the other writers at the end of February when it closes. And if you feel so inclined, please join us!

Til next time, keep on creating!

Love,

Jazzy Jack

PS Also linking up with Creative Mondays because I love to create and celebrate creating. Claire is celebrating Valentine's recipes so we are on a similar page! Pop on over to see many creative souls.

 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are back with your poems.Nice imagery with your verses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh. love. hach!
    wonderful! and a beautiful vintage brooch - ivory? bone?
    hug you my poet friend! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see Mardi's brooch given with love when she was young. Love your Tardis word....it truly is a rich picture...in fact the whole poem brings wonderful pictures to mind. Our Love D &M.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dearest Jazzy, I was missing you so much.
    I have activated the Comment-replay on my blog for more fluid conversation. You can check my answers to your questions there.
    Much loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem, I use to love writing them. Must start again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Makes my hems dance" - what a wonderful line! I have finally made it to your lovely poem, my friend (after I wrote my own piece - I do it, so my own writing is not influenced directly... it can be tricky when timing is tight, not that I mind influencing each other, of course not :). I love that you reflect on the many dimensions of the word "love" and the feeling of love. I had a somewhat similar idea, in some ways. Oh and I also wrote a poem this time, not a short story. What works better for you - to have a link-up open for the whole month or just one last week of the month? Or it does not matter much to you? Let me know please. Thank you for linking-up!!

    ReplyDelete

If a topic has special significance for you, or touches you in some way, I'd love to hear your story!